Microsoft Office XP 2023wadminw
This article will show you how to install Microsoft Office XP on your PC. For assistance in installing Microsoft Office XP, follow the instructions and direct download link below.
Table of contents
- About the software
- Clipping is over
- Office XP & Windows XP
- Microsoft Office XP System Requirements
How to Download and Install Microsoft Office XP
Microsoft Office XP is a Microsoft Office product distributed by Microsoft to the Microsoft Windows platform. It was previously known as Office 10 in the beta stage and as Office 2002. This suite is the successor to Microsoft Office 2000, and also the predecessor to Office 2003. It can also be identified with the code name “Office 10” or the name of its code name. In the USA, it was released March 5, 2001. It first made its way to European markets on August 4, 2001. The ‘Mainstreamâ€™ support phase for Office XP expired on 11 July 2006, when Windows 98 and Me no longer were supported. Extended support ended on 12/7/2011. Office XP tools were given the title “2002”, even though the suffix was “XP”. Word 2002, for example, was not named Word XP.
The End of Clippy
Microsoft Office XP’s marketing campaign included the elimination of Clippy (and other Office Assistants) as a default option. Microsoft knew they were very unpopular and unused in users’ lives. These features were not completely eliminated until the 2007 version .
Office XP and Windows XP
Microsoft Office XP was released the same year as Windows XP and despite the similarities between names, Office XP is compatible with Windows XP, but also with Windows NT 4.0, Windows 98, Windows 98 SE, Windows 2000, Windows Me where it will be latest suite compatible. It maintains a certain compatibility also with Windows Vista but has no compatibility with Windows 7. It does not support Windows 95. Office 2000 is the last compatible suite for Windows 95.
Microsoft Office XP System Information
Office XP will work on Windows 98SE 98SE Me, NT 4.0, Service Pack 6 and later, 2000, XP, and XP.
- Windows XP: Requires 128 megabytes (MB) of RAM for the operating system, plus an additional 8MB of RAM for each Office program (e.g., Word) running simultaneously
- Windows 2000 Professional: Requires 64MB of RAM for the operating system, plus an additional 8MB of RAM for each Office program (e.g., Word) running simultaneously
- Windows Me and Windows NT 4.0: Requires 32MB of RAM for the operating system, plus an additional 8MB of RAM for each Office program (e.g., Word) running simultaneously
- Windows 98SE or Windows 98: Windows 98 requires 24MB RAM to run the operating system. Each Office program (e.g. Word) must be running simultaneously with 8MB RAM.
Hard disk space
Hard disk space requirements will vary depending on configuration; custom installation choices will determine the space needed. The minimum hard disk space required for Office XP suites is listed below:
- Office XP Standard – 210MB hard disk space
- Office XP Professional and Professional Special Edition: 245MB of available hard disk space
- An additional 115MB is required on the hard disk where the operating system is installed. System Files Upgrade will not work for users without Windows XP, Windows 2000 or Windows Me.
Office XP Professional needs a Super VGA (800×600), or higher resolution monitor with 256 color support.
For Office XP to be installed, you need a CDROM drive.
Use Office XP with a mouse
Requirements Speech Recognition Features
The following are required to use Office XP’s speech recognition capabilities (available for US English and Japanese only):
- Pentium II 400MHz and higher processor
- 128MB RAM or more
- A close-talk microphone
- An audio output device
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0 and later
Downloading and installing Microsoft Office XP
- Click on the download button(s) below and finish downloading the required files. Depending on how fast you are downloading, it might take several minutes to an hour.