This article shows you how to download and install the full version of Notepad++ v8.4.5 for free on PC. Follow the direct download link and instructions below for guidance on installing Notepad++ v8.4.5 on your computer.
Table of contents
- About the software
- Notepad++ v8.4.5 System Requirements
- How to Download and Install Notepad++ v8.4.5
- Required files
About the software
Notepad++ is a free (as in “free speech” and also as in “free beer”) source code editor and Notepad replacement that supports several languages. Running in the MS Windows environment, its use is governed by GNU General Public License.
Based on the powerful editing component Scintilla, Notepad++ is written in C++ and uses pure Win32 API and STL which ensures a higher execution speed and smaller program size. By optimizing as many routines as possible without losing user friendliness, Notepad++ is trying to reduce the world’s carbon dioxide emissions. When using less CPU power, the PC can throttle down and reduce power consumption, resulting in a greener environment.
The main features of Notepad++ are:
- Finding and replacing strings of text with regular expressions.
- Searching text strings within opened tabs.
- Searching text strings in a directory.
- Guided indentation.
- Line bookmarking.
- Simultaneous editing.
- Split screen editing and synchronized scrolling
- Line operations, including sorting, case conversion (Uppercase, lowercase, camel case, sentence case), and removal of redundant whitespace
Notepad++ v8.4.5 System Requirements
- Intel Pentium III CPU or higher
- Windows 7 (32 or 64-bit) or above
- 2GB of total ram.
- about 20MB of space on your hard disk
How to Download and Install Notepad++ v8.4.5
- Click on the download button(s) below and finish downloading the required files. This might take from a few minutes to a few hours, depending on your download speed.
- Extract the downloaded files. If you don’t know how to extract, see this article. The password to extract will always be: QWERTY!
- Run Setup.exe and install the software