This article shows you how to download and install the full version of VeraCrypt (v1.25.7) for free on PC. Follow the direct download link and instructions below for guidance on installing VeraCrypt (v1.25.7) on your computer.
Table of contents
- About the software
- VeraCrypt (v1.25.7) System Requirements
- How to Download and Install VeraCrypt (v1.25.7)
- Required files
About the software
VeraCrypt is a free open source disk encryption software for Windows, Mac OSX and Linux. Brought to you by IDRIX and based on TrueCrypt 7.1a.
VeraCrypt main features:
- Creates a virtual encrypted disk within a file and mounts it as a real disk.
- Encrypts an entire partition or storage device such as USB flash drive or hard drive.
- Encrypts a partition or drive where Windows is installed (pre-boot authentication).
- Encryption is automatic, real-time(on-the-fly) and transparent.
- Parallelization and pipelining allow data to be read and written as fast as if the drive was not encrypted.
- Encryption can be hardware-accelerated on modern processors.
- Provides plausible deniability, in case an adversary forces you to reveal the password: Hidden volume (steganography) and hidden operating system.
- More information about the features of VeraCrypt may be found in the documentation
VeraCrypt (v1.25.7) System Requirements
- Windows Vista; Windows 7; Windows 8; Windows 8.1
How to Download and Install VeraCrypt (v1.25.7)
- Click on the download button(s) below and finish downloading the required files. This might take from a few minutes to a few hours, depending on your download speed.
- Extract the downloaded files. If you don’t know how to extract, see this article. The password to extract will always be: QWERTY!
- Run Setup.exe and install the software