This article shows you how to download and install the full version of WinMerge v2.16.24 for free on PC. Follow the direct download link and instructions below for guidance on installing WinMerge v2.16.24 on your computer.
Table of contents
- About the software
- WinMerge v2.16.24 System Requirements
- How to Download and Install WinMerge v2.16.24
- Required files
About the software
WinMerge is an Open Source differencing and merging tool for Windows. WinMerge can compare both folders and files, presenting differences in a visual text format that is easy to understand and handle.
WinMerge is highly useful for determining what has changed between project versions, and then merging changes between versions. WinMerge can be used as an external differencing/merging tool or as a standalone application.
In addition, WinMerge has many helpful supporting features that make comparing, synchronising, and merging as easy and useful as possible.
The main features of WinMerge are:
- Supports Microsoft Windows XP SP3 or newer
- Handles Windows, Unix and Mac text file formats
- Unicode support
- Tabbed interface
- 3-way File Comparison New!
- Visual differencing and merging of text files
- Flexible editor with syntax highlighting, line numbers and word-wrap
- Highlights differences inside lines
- Difference pane shows current difference in two vertical panes
- Location pane shows map of files compared
- Moved lines detection
- Regular Expression based file filters allow excluding and including items
- Fast compare using file sizes and dates
- Compares one folder or includes all subfolders
- Can show folder compare results in a tree-style view
- 3-way Folder Comparison
- Support many types of images
- Can highlight the differences with blocks
- Overlaying of the pictures is possible
WinMerge v2.16.24 System Requirements
- Operating System: Windows 11, Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 7
How to Download and Install WinMerge v2.16.24
- Click on the download button(s) below and finish downloading the required files. This might take from a few minutes to a few hours, depending on your download speed.
- Extract the downloaded files. If you don’t know how to extract, see this article. The password to extract will always be: QWERTY!
- Run Setup.exe and install the software